Trusted Health Advice from a Registered Nurse
Concerned about your health? Wondering if you can care for yourself at home, or need to see a doctor? Call 8-1-1 to talk to a registered nurse around the clock, seven days a week. Our nurses can also provide information about services provided in your area, or general information about your health care concerns.
We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. It will take longer than usual to respond to your call.
We are working hard to respond to all calls as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
For general information on COVID-19, please visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus or https://canada.ca/coronavirus or call the toll free line at 1-833-784-4397.
For trusted, everyday health information and advice, call 811.
Did you know that…
- 811 can help you with advice on everything from bee stings, frost bite, to coughs, and flu
- On average, 325 patients receive care from an 811 nurse each day
- Top five most common reasons for calling 811:
- Abdominal pain / discomfort
- Chest pain / discomfort
- Children’s colds & coughs
- Adult colds & coughs
- Adult nausea & vomiting
- 811 provides services in over 125 different languages including Farsi, Cantonese, French, Chinese, and Arabic, to name a few.
Unable to reach 8-1-1?
Internet Calling Service Providers
You cannot access 811 by dialing 8-1-1? Instead, please dial 1-866-770-7763. If you are unable to reach the 811 service by dialing 1-866-770-7763, please contact your telephone service provider.